At The Green Stork we know how important of an event this birth is for you. We take pride in providing our clients with a unique service. Our doula partnerships increase the chances of you having a personal relationship with your doula from the get go.
Stephanie has been interested in birth since she was a little girl. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, “A baby doctor” would always be her response. The birth of her first son, in Mankato Minnesota, sparked a strong urge to do more for expectant families in southern MN. She started her training as a Bradley® Teacher in 2010 and became a certified Bradley® Instructor and Doula shortly thereafter. She then attended a few midwifery study group meetings in Saint Peter, MN and learned the benefits of placenta encapsulation. This inspired Stephanie and she decided to explore this further. Stephanie became trained in Placentophagy from PBi in 2011 and is excited to offer Placenta Encapsulation Services to expanding families.
In 2012 she became the mother of a second precious little boy, attended a Midwifery Today conference on the east coast, and worked closely with a small group of women as one of the “founding mothers” of Deep Valley Birth Collective. Steph is currently on the board of directors and is serving a third three-year term as Treasurer.
In 2014, Steph began to further her education with Birth Arts International. She is now a certified BAI Doula and working towards completing her Midwifery Assistant certification. She is thrilled and honored to be one of the few BAI Doula Trainers as of 2016.
As of 2017 she is excited to be a CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor) and continuing to support expectant families well into the postpartum period with their nursing goals.
Steph has loved growing with TGS as the premier labor support option in southern, MN. If she isn’t studying, teaching, or assisting a woman in labor she is enjoying
being a mommy to her two boys. Her little family loves exploring nature and in the winter months you’ll likely find Steph curled up with her knitting needles and a hot cup of tea.
Stephanie served two on the board as Treasurer. She is currently President of DVBC.
- Certified Bradley Method® Teacher & Doula 2011-2016
- Placenta Encapsulation Childbirth Collective November,2011
- Founded (with 10 others) Deep Valley Birth Collective 2011
- Elected Treasure of Deep Valley Birth Collective 2012-Present
- Midwifery Today 5 day Conference, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania April, 2012
- Placenta Benefits Inc. Training August, 2015
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification with Karen Strange September, 2015
- Birth Arts International Doula and Midwifery Assistant workshop with Erika Urban, November 2015
- Birth Arts International Certified Professional Doula Trainer 2016
- Evidence Based Birth® Professional Member Since 2016
- Organized and attended the Spinning Babies® Workshop in St. Peter, MN May, 2017
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification with Marijke van Roojen August, 2017
- CPR Blended Health Care Certification August, 2017
- Reiki 1 Certified with Melanie Williams
- Healthy Children Project Lactation Counselor Certification, October, 2017
- Spinning Babies® Workshop in Minneapolis, MN October, 2017
- Reiki II Certified with Melanie Williams
- Trained Hypnobabies® Doula March 2018