At The Green Stork we know how important of an event this birth is for you. We take pride in providing our clients with a unique service. Our doula partnerships increase the chances of you having a personal relationship with your doula from the get go.
Stephanie has been interested in birth since she was a little girl. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, “A baby doctor” would always be her response. The birth of her first son, at Immanuel St. Joseph Hospital in Mankato Minnesota, sparked a strong urge to do more for expectant families in southern MN. She started her training as a Bradley® Teacher in 2010 and became a certified Bradley® Instructor and Doula shortly thereafter. She then attended a few midwifery study group meetings in Saint Peter, MN and learned the benefits of placenta encapsulation. This inspired Stephanie and she decided to explore it further. Stephanie became trained in Placentophagy in 2011 and is excited to offer Placenta Encapsulation Services to expanding families.
In 2012 she became the mother of a second precious little boy, attended a Midwifery Today conference on the east coast, and worked closely with a small group of women to start the Deep Valley Birth Collective. The DVBC is a collective of birth professionals bringing evidence based information and services to southern MN. Stephanie is currently on the board of directors and is serving a three year term as Treasurer.
In 2014 Stephanie began to further her education with Birth Arts International. She is currently working towards duel certifications with Birth Arts as a Labor Support Doula and Midwifery Assistant. She is thrilled for this new chapter and can’t wait to see where it takes her.
Stephanie Holthus used to dream of a day when she would be working with expectant families full time. She is loving living her dream now. If she isn’t studying, teaching, or assisting someone in labor she is enjoying being a mommy to her two boys. Her little family loves exploring nature and in the winter months you’ll likely find Steph curled up with her knitting needles, beads, and a hot cup of tea.
Certified Birth Arts International Professional Doula Trainer and Doula
Stephanie is serving her second term on the board.
Continuing Education & Trainings
- Certified Bradley Method® Teacher & Doula 2011-2016
- Placenta Encapsulation Childbirth Collective November,2011
- Founded (with 10 others) Deep Valley Birth Collective 2011
- Elected Treasure of Deep Valley Birth Collective 2012-Present
- Midwifery Today 5 day Conference, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania April, 2012
- Placenta Benefits Inc. Training August, 2015
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification with Karen Strange September, 2015
- Birth Arts International Doula and Midwifery Assistant workshop with Erika Urban, November 2015
- Birth Arts International Certified Professional Doula Trainer 2016
- Evidence Based Birth® Professional Member Since 2016
- Organized and attended the Spinning Babies® Workshop in St. Peter, MN May, 2017
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certification with Marijke van Roojen August, 2017
- CPR Blended Health Care Certification August, 2017
- Reiki 1 training with Melanie Williams
To Complete in 2017
- Healthy Children Project Lactation Counselor Certification, October, 2017
- Spinning Babies® Workshop in Minneapolis, MN October, 2017