It’s an exciting thing bringing something new to Mankato. To be honest it’s pretty surreal. I remember dreaming about a “mother baby center”. Someplace that expecting families could go locally in Mankato to learn more about pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Somewhere that had options. With our offerings growing, I can say IT’S HAPPENING! We don’t believe that there is one “right” way for everyone to give birth. Just the right way for you. If Childbirth Hypnosis sounds like a good option I’m happy to let you know that you can now take instructor lead classes right here in Mankato.
With the Hypnobabies® addition to The Green Stork the questions have been rolling in! Always feel free to reach out to us with any of your questions, but hopefully we an answer a few of them here.
Hypnosis for childbirth has been around for many, many years. No, it’s not what you think about when you go watch a show at the fair. Shawnee is not going to make you do any tricks……well maybe…..she may provide you with some pretty amazing tools to make labor easier and more comfortable.
One of our favorite things about Hypnobabies is the deep relaxation it teaches you. Many of our clients who have used this found that it was an excellent addition to their nightly routine before or at bed time and did keep them deeply relaxed through out labor. It’s the perfect self care gift for expecting mothers to give themselves.
The Benefits of taking a Hypnobabies® Class:
- Our Hypnobabies® moms are “deprogrammed” from the typically negative childbirth stories and scenarios they’ve heard, by participating in class, reading our materials and by listening to Hypnobabies® audio tracks, which have many positive birthing messages. This primes our Hypno-moms to remain relaxed and confident during pregnancy and to enjoy preparing for childbirth.
- Many Hypnobabies® mothers have shorter births since their hypnosis training can minimize discomfort and fear, and help eliminate tension between the birthing muscles. By using deep hypnosis all muscles in the body are conditioned to remain very deeply relaxed, which allows the uterus to work more effectively.
- Problems created by “labor” drugs can be easily avoided when using Hypnobabies® hypnosis techniques. Because post-hypnotic suggestions can eliminate the Fear/Tension/Pain cycle. Hypno-moms request fewer drugs or no drugs at all, which means less risk of side effects for her or her baby.
- Since hypnotic suggestions for a smooth, easy birth are built into our Hypnobabies® program, there are fewer interventions for failure to progress and therefore fewer fetal and maternal complications in childbirth.
- Hypnobabies® birthing mothers generally have much more energy throughout first and second stage, because they are able to remain relaxed and more comfortable throughout the birthing process. Since hypnosis techniques and cues help keep our Hypno-mothers comfortable, it is unnecessary for them to expend a lot of energy and “keep moving” to remain comfortable. They rest more and have more energy push their babies out into the world.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when the natural childbirth mother is comfortable. Birth Partners, family members and medical caregivers remain more relaxed, calm and confident when our birthing mother uses Hypnobabies® hypnosis techniques to enjoy a more serene birthing.
- Breech and posterior babies can sometimes be turned using hypnosis. Blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature can also be lowered and nausea, back and hip pain eliminated with hypnosis techniques during pregnancy and birth.
- The deep relaxation and confidence-building exercises taught in our Hypnobabies® course has also helped many Birth Partners to enjoy their partner’s pregnancy and childbirth, and the skills that they Hypno-couple learns for relaxation and hypnosis benefits both of them for the rest of their lives. Hypnobabies® Birth Partners also get their own hypnosis audio track which allows them to feel calm and confident about pregnancy and childbirth, before and during the big day!